- Cut Costs & Increase Productivity with our Document Imaging systems
- Problems of a Paper-Based Filing System
- Paper vs. Electronic Documents
- Resolving known issues
Cut Costs & Increase Productivity with our Document Imaging systems
In a business climate where organizations are looking for ways to cut costs and increase productivity, document imaging systems are providing the most dramatic impact since the copy machine replaced carbon paper. Finding and retrieving a document using our document imaging system is significantly faster than with a paper-based system. The amount of time saved using our electronic retrieval system is enormous because it eliminates the wasted man-hours spent filing, searching, retrieving, and refilling paper documents. This "found time" gives a business the option of either re- allocating an employee's time to more productive tasks, or to reduce the size of its workforce.
When information is freed from the physical limitations of paper and converted into an electronic format, it becomes a more valuable strategic resource. Our document imaging system allows you to create electronic documents that can be viewed, searched, and printed from virtually any networked PC, while retaining their original look and feel complete with text, graphics, photos, and colour.
Problems of a Paper-Based Filing System
The average document gets copied 19 times
- 7.5% of all documents get lost, 3% of the remainder get misfiled
- Professionals spend 5-15% of their time reading information, but up to 50% looking for it
- There are over 4 trillion paper documents in the U.S. alone growing at a rate of 22% per year
- 90% of corporate memory exists on paper
- Of all the documents that get handled each day in the average office, 90% are merely shuffled
Source: Coopers & Lybrand